Advertisement

2 injured after early morning fire in Burton

An early morning fire has left two people seriously injured in Burton.
An early morning fire has left two people seriously injured in Burton.(Source: Burton Fire District)
Published: Nov. 27, 2021 at 9:07 AM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

BURTON, S.C. (WTOC) - An early morning fire has left two people seriously injured in Burton.

According to the Burton Fire District, firefighters responded to a house in the 500 block of Joe Frazier Road in Burton just before 1 a.m. Saturday.

Burton Fire Captain Dan Byrne tells WTOC when crews arrived, there was smoke and flames coming from inside a single wide mobile home, with 2 victims on the front lawn.

Officials say the male victim sustained serious injuries and his fiancé sustained life-threatening injures.

Burton Fire said someone pulled the woman out of her window and she woke up with difficulty breathing.

Both were taken to the hospital.

Crews also found a dog inside the home that was not able to make it out.

The man is a Marine from the Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort.

Burton Fire says they do not believe there were working smoke detectors in the home and want to remind Burton residents that the fire district gives them out for free upon request.

Copyright 2021 WTOC. All rights reserved.