Your 2022 guide to Fourth of July in the Coastal Empire & Lowcountry
Published: Jun. 30, 2022 at 5:12 AM EDT|Updated: Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:02 AM EDT
SAVANNAH, Ga. (WTOC) - The Fourth of July weekend is quickly approaching. WTOC has a list of some of the events taking place in the community:
- Marne Independence Day Concert - Friday, July 1st, at Fort Stewart. Live entertainment includes performances from Trace Adkins and Dru Hill on Donovan Field! There will be food vendors, ice cold beverages, bounce house, interactive games and a spectacular fireworks display. Gates open at 4:30pm, concert starts at 7:30, fireworks at 10:30. This event is open to the public. For more information, click here.
- Plant Riverside Savannah Stars and Stripes - Friday, July 1st, through Monday, July 4th, at Plant Riverside District in Savannah. The four-day event will offer free live music and performances by Cirque Divina, mini golf, and food and drink options for all ages. Plant Riverside District will sponsor the annual Savannah’s Waterfront Independence Day Fireworks Show, which will light up the sky over the Savannah River on Monday, July 4 at 9:15 p.m. For more information, click here.
- Tybee Island Fourth of July Fireworks - Monday, July 4th, at the Tybee Island Pier and Pavilion. The fireworks show begins just after dark, at approximately 8:30 p.m. The fireworks are launched from the Tybee Island Pier and Pavilion but the show is visible from anywhere on the beaches east of Butler Avenue. For more information, click here.
- City of Richmond Hill Independence Day Event - Saturday, July 2nd, at J.F. Gregory Park in Richmond Hill. Family friendly fun, fireworks at sundown, food trucks, inflatables, craft vendors and more. Performances by The Boondockers at 4:30 p.m., and Swingin’ Medallions at 6 p.m. For more information, click here.
- July 4th HarbourFest celebration at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina - Monday, July 4th at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina. Fireworks will light up the night sky over Broad Creek after the sky turns dark on Monday, July 4th. In addition that evening, entertainer and musician Shannon Tanner will perform special patriotic shows and family-favorite songs at both 6:30 and 8:00 pm. Other family entertainment will be provided by Cappy the Clown from 6:00-9:00 pm, with face painting, balloon animals, sand art, glitter tattoos and a variety of interactive games and activities. American flags and paddle fans will be distributed while supplies last. Bounce houses and train rides around the marina promenade will also be available for kids (for an additional cost) starting at 6:00 pm. The July 4th HarbourFest celebration is free and open to the public.
Copyright 2022 WTOC. All rights reserved.